...more importantly (right now, at least) less than 2 months to graduation and exactly one month to the day until my honors defense! (shit!!!)
I figure I'd better set a blog up for myself where I can keep track of my thoughts pre-departure and keep everyone informed with my adventures while in Korea! Yes, I've been named a Fulbright Scholar. I leave on July 5th for a 12 1/2 month adventure in which I will somehow be responsible for teaching English to Korean high school students. Also, I get 2 months of winter break to travel throughout Asia! I'd like to for sure hit up: China, Japan, Thailand and then also hit up as many as possible of Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Laos. I really need to brush up on my Asian geography, ps.
I recently stumbled upon a few Korea Fulbrighters' blogs and have read the first one. It reminded me quite a bit of the book River Town written by a Peace Corps Volunteer in China. I am SOOO incredibly excited to do this trip! (Also scared and nervous, of course.) Being my longest trip abroad, I know it will be full of homesickness and loneliness, but also of amazing experiences and adventures! I'm hoping it will help give me direction with where I want the rest of my life to take me.
I have a lot to do before July 5th and a lot to buy for that matter. (Most importantly: hiking boots!!! I'm so excited to be super-outdoorsy for the next year!) Well, I mainly set up this blog right now to avoid doing homework, so I better get back to that for now...
Happy Sunday, everyone!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment