This week I have been finishing up speaking tests with my classes, as well as having a discussion with most of them about Respect -- what does it mean? and that I think some of them don't respect me. They seem to be genuinely apologetic for not behaving well in my classes lately (at least most of them), so that's good. I don't want to finish on a negative note with my students. The teachers, that's another story (and a lost cause at this point, I think).
Wednesday, thankfully, I had the day off. Tuesday night I went to stay with Anne, and then Wed morning we went back to Wolchulsan to do some hiking. We made it to the bridge we wanted to see since orientation! It was a very hot and humid day, but a good hike nonetheless. Before coming back to Suncheon, I went to Gwangju's "art street" and bought about $80 worth of hanji paper. I should be all stocked up now for my projects I want to do at home!! ^^
Just this morning I got an email from my graduate department about orientation this summer. It starts August 20th, which means I'll move in the 19th probably. It is starting to feel so real! There are 13 people in my incoming class, including me. So I expect we will all grow pretty close this next year.
A month from Wednesday was my last day of school, and a month from today I will be flying to Japan to see Ike!! It's going to fly by from here on out, especially since I'll be in Taiwan from July 1-7!
Anyway, try to stay cool. Korea is heating up for real now!

No comments:
Post a Comment