So I forgot to mention, but last Saturday was White Day here in Korea. This is an analog to Valentine's Day. I guess the deal is that on V-Day, the girls give gifts to the boys. And then on March 14, White Day, the boys give gifts to the girls, that are 2x as expensive. So, of course in Seoul, we saw girls walking around with GIANT teddy bears, big packs of suckers, flowers, etc. I especially got a kick out of the giant teddy bears. What are they going to do with them? And Korean apartments don't have "storage rooms" like we do in America -- there is just no space for extra "crap" like that.
Lately we have been having Yellow Dust here in Korea. I guess it comes from China. Anyway, I haven't noticed any irritation to my throat, but i have definitely seen the dust in the atmosphere -- everything looks hazy. Well, yesterday afternoon it cleared up, so I'm hoping this episode of Yellow Dust is over! ^^
The weather has been really warming up here lately. I have been hot the past couple of days in my spring jacket walking from school to my bus stop in the afternoons. Before we know it, I'm sure Korea will be a sweltering pot of humidity that I can't wait to get out of! :-P The cherry blossom trees are starting to bloom, so the country side is starting to look beautiful. I'm ready to see some green -- Korea has been so brown the past few months. And the old ladies have been planting flowers again in the city beds. Things are really starting to bloom!
It looks like rain today, but when I went to get my umbrella this morning it wasn't there!! After retracing my steps, I think that I left it somewhere in Seoul last weekend. I'm actually pretty sad as that umbrella has been everywhere with me -- I got it for freshman year of college and it has travelled the world with me since.
Yesterday was Parents' Day here at school. So that basically means that 100s of all-done-up Korean women invaded the school. (Education matters are clearly the woman's job here in Korea. My host mom helps my host brothers with all their homework while the host dad is out drinking.) It was pretty overwhelming, and I'm glad I didn't have to deal with them besides seeing them in the hallway and getting stared at.
Yesterday was our first teacher's workshop. I showed them my Iowa book and pictures of my family again, we talked about what we were going to do this year, and then I discussed an article with Mrs. Song and Mrs. Chue about co-ed vs single sex classrooms from the NYTimes. It was really interesting to hear their opinions. They agree with me that single sex schools and classrooms are un-natural, even though they are so common in Korea. However, they told me that co-ed classes are becoming more common here. Oh, and Mrs. Song announced in front of all the teachers that i look like I've gained weight. Wonderful. She's right, but that doesn't mean she has to announce it in front of everyone. She must have noticed me wincing in pain at her accusation, so she followed it by "I mean, I think it looks good." Yeah right. Liar liar pants on fire.
Yesterday after school I set off to find the bookstore to buy the textbook for my Korean language class. I was so proud of myself, I found it right away without even asking for directions! Woo!!
Today is going to be a busy day -- 4 classes, my first hanji class, and Korean class later tonight! I'm looking forward to it!
Cara Menghilangkan Suara Di Video Tanpa Aplikasi
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment