Monday, May 18, 2009

Bread Baking

So I had a sudden urge to bake today. I made 3 loaves of bread -- 1 banana nut, and 2 zucchini nuts. Anyway, one of Jun-eun's friends came over in the middle of it all. At first they stood and gawked at me like a zoo animal like usual. But then Jun-eun wanted to go back to helping me make the bread, like he usually does. So then they started talking about me in Korean (and I could understand) and talk about baking. At first Jun-eun pretended he didn't understand my simple English, but then soon he started "showing off" to his friend about all the English words he knew. It was pretty cute. Anyway, The first loaf only had a couple of minutes left and Jun-eun's friend REALLY wanted to try it and kept going over to the oven to look at it and kept asking how many more minutes. When it was finally done they were practically drooling over it as they sniffed it, so I cut off a couple slices for them right away, when it was still steaming hot. He really liked it! :-) Jun-eun is lucky he has such a cool big sister like me who makes delicious treats from afar!

Oh, and on a side note. I was pouring a coup of flour and spilled a decent amount. Jun-eun yells "Delicious!" and runs to get a spoon. Before I could say "no, not delicious!" he had a spoonfull of flour in his mouth. He made the funniest face as he came to realize that indeed, flour is not delicious tasting. He then continued to swollow the flour, which isn't an easy feat. Finally he ended up rinsing out his mouth at the sink. I think he thought that all baking ingredients would taste good by themselves? Heehee, lesson learned... (maybe?) Anyway, he is a good little helper, although when he's stirring I'm always certain the bowl of batter will end up on the floor, but it hasn't yet.... :-)

No comments: