Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goodbye Goodbye Goodbye!

I have said goodbye to all but 5 of my classes. It's interesting to see which students are sad that I am leaving, which are happy, and which just don't care! ^^ One first grade (sophomore) student was sooo sad as he was leaving and I didn't realize that he liked me so much! Poor thing. :-( I am writing my email address on the board, so I hope the students I was closer to will write me!!

I brought 2 huge watermelons to school yesterday as my going away gift for all the teachers. Thankfully the night before when I bought them, the fruit stand man carried them the 2 blocks to my apartment and all the way into my elevator for me!

Yesterday I had lunch with all the English teachers, the Principal and VP, and some other teachers that I have no idea why they came along. As usual, Korean was spoke 99% of the time so that was awkward for me, but the Principal did make a very heart-felt toast to me over wine (one of my fav kinds! Moscato D'Asti!), I just wish I knew what all he said! :-P

And last night I had to say goodbye to Naoko, the Japanese teacher at my school who I've become friends with. She gave me 2 small gifts, and I feel bad that I didn't prepare one for her!!! She is one of the nicest people I have met in Korea, so I will miss her a lot! But hopefully we will stay in touch. ^^

2 more days of school, then a 1/2 day with my host family, then I'm off to the airport! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: