Just a brief cultural note that I want to mention so I don't forget how names work here in Korea:
I'll use my host brothers' names as examples to help explain.
Their full names are
Byun Jun-ho
Byun Jun-eun
The "Byun" is their family name (or "last" name), but in Korean names the family name comes first. Next is their "given" name which always has 2 syllables. I've found that siblings, especially those of the same sex, tend to have same first syllable.
Additionally, when they marry, wives do not take their husband's last name. I heard that it is becoming a bit of an argument over which last name to give the children because of this, but I think this is a very recent phenomenon.
**On a side note, I got another goodbye note and chocolate from a first grade student as I was leaving. It was pretty surprising as I didn't know he felt that close to me!!! AWWWW! Some students are so sweet!!
Cara Menghilangkan Suara Di Video Tanpa Aplikasi
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment