Saturday, December 20, 2008
Transition to the teen years
So lately it has become more and more obvious that Jun-ho (my oldest host brother) is enter his adolescent years. He's been eating more and more, often asking for second helpings at dinner. This week his mom finally broke down and gave him her mp3 player, which now is permanently attached to his ear! He keeps asking me if I know this or that song, lots of Big Bang, Shiny, and Wonder Girls (all Korean pop groups). I remember at the beginning of the year when I first arrived I asked him who his favorite music groups are and he told me none, that he preferred classical music. Oh how things change! I even found out tonight at dinner (after my host father had been drinking soju) that he has a crush on a girl in his class. I think her name is He Jin. I'm not sure if they are "boyfriend/girlfriend" or not. Anyway, he got super embarrassed and it was really cute. He kept saying "a-PA!!!!" (DAD!!!!) And then hiding behind his mom. His host dad kept saying "you're lucky to have Nuna (older sister) here! You can ask her for advice." haha. I told him my first crush was in 5th grade. It will be interesting to see how much he continues to change next year as he'll be entering the middle school in March... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment