Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am so happy, I think I could cry!

Sorry that I have been slacking on my blog lately, but not a lot has been happening here in Korea. School has been normal -- last week my first grade students went on a class trip to Jejudo (island) so I only had to teach about 1/2 of my classes. This week they are back, and all students are really starting to hit the middle of the semester slump. Midterms are coming up starting May 10, so I think they are all busy "studying" (ahem, ahem) for that. I have to write 5 test questions for each grade this time, so that is interesting (all multiple choice of course. Come on, this is Korea!). And this Friday I am interviewing ~10 students for some sort of English competition. Who knows?

Tomorrow afternoon our "sports day" starts, continuing all day Friday. I'm not really sure what this is all about, but it should be good fun, and hey, at least I'm not in a classroom teaching!

Last week I devoted all my extra time at school to apartment searching, and it paid off! Today I heard back from the landlord of the condo I really wanted: I GOT THE CONDO!!! Woo! So I start paying rent August 1st, which is funny because I will still be in Japan at that time, but hey! I'm really really excited about this place. And, while I haven't seen it with my own eyes, a good Knox friend checked it out for me and took lots of pics. I think Hammer and I will be realy happy there next year, and I suppose we will make room for Ike when he comes back from Japan the following year.... :-P

Speaking of Ike, we are working on setting a wedding date. Our moms had a "dinner date" in which they started scheming about us (just joking, moms!) and turned up the heat about setting a date. We are thinking January 8, 2011 (which seems like so far away!). BUT... this is just temporary still.

Ike will be here in less than a week! I am very excited! This weekend will be super busy. Buddha's birthday is Saturday, and Children's Day (yes, that is a holiday here) is next Tuesday, so that means I have a 4 day weekend. I am going to Seoraksan again with 3 other friends. (This is the mountain I hiked halfway up with stephanie, but we had to stop due to freezing rain and snow and fog) Hopefully this time we'll make it all the way to the top!!! :-O It is the hardest mountain to hike in South Korea.

That's all for now. Take it easy, homes.

1 comment:

cglinsma said...

lol @ scheming. :-)