Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm a BADGER!

Badger Badger Badger... (www.badgerbadgerbadger.com) I'll be going to U Wisconsin - Madison next year for graduate school! Woo! We found out today that Ike was bumped up from the waiting list and got accepted for Public Policy, so he will be deferring 1 year and then joining me next year. Now I'll have to get on finding an apartment in the next week or 2...

In other news, I have my plane ticket back to the United States. (As of now) I'll be coming home on August 5th. I'm really excited to go back home, but I know that I will really miss my life here in Korea. As much as I complain about it sometimes, I really do love it here. Having the ticket has made my return seem much more final and I find it more difficult to refrain from counting down the days. Nevertheless, I am trying to make the most of my remaining months in Korea.

This week I had the first "meeting" for the English Magazine Team that I decided to start at my school. I was really nervous that no students would show up, because (unfortunately) the education system in Korea does not reward students for extracurricular activities. So, many of them only focus on studying for the state-wide or nation-wide tests. Anyway, I was happy to have 10 students show up yesterday! And then 3 more approached me today. I think if I can get the number up to 20 that would be perfect. I'm excited to be working with these kids the next couple of months to make a magazine ready for print!

Random happenings at school:
1. English listening tests have been happening Wed-Fri this week. The test for the 2nd graders was on Thursday. 5 minutes before the test began, 2 of my students came into my room and asked me to bless them before the test. How cute!

2. Today right before one of my classes, a student came up to my desk with his hand on his crotch and then started pelvic thrusting and singing "Call me! Call me!" lololol. I think I would be bored with girls.

3. Some students were having chair races across the back of my classroom before class started. It was pretty hillarious to watch and I'm surprised no one got hurt. (The new desks and chairs in my classroom have wheels)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdoz8PRXsU