So today's classes went pretty normal. My 2nd class was a bunch of buttheads -- they had no energy, many feigned sickness, and several were absent. I mean, come on, I'm teaching about Halloween? How could you not be excited? Thankfully my third class made up for it -- they had great energy!
More funny Halloween costumes:
Animal -- very scary -- monkey, horse, however very scary form. Their skins were written "scare". Aren't you scared? Oh! My god! In addition, very terribly, they are black. I think I would not be able to fall asleep for 3 days.
Square ghost -- long ears and square face, i would have a white face and no hair. i would have a spot (mole). my nose look like house.
Pretty angel -- holy angel, it has a dragon claw and snake arm and cuty wings and war beautiful dress and rough nose.
Cat Gentleman -- It wears business suit. no nck. head is cat. communication is good, but if it had angry, it is bite.
Blood sucker-- when you look me, you will cry with fear.
I finally got around to taking pics of my fav Halloween costumes, so I will post some below.
This afternoon all the students voted for their school captains (one for each grade). I guess it is a pretty big deal to the students that run, but not a big deal in reality as they don't have much power or responsibility. Anyway, because of the elections, my first hip hop practice was delayed by an hour. We are supposed to have from 3-5 on Fridays to practice, but we started around 4:10 today. It actually went really well!!! The kids had a great time, and I'd have to say my first 30 seconds of choreography is pretty good, coming from me at least! But, now there are 3 more minutes of choreography to come up with. I told the boys we would choreograph together -- I don't think I could come up with all the moves on my own. So when we finished all the moves I had prepared for today, we came up with 2 more 8-counts of stuff to finish off the first verse. They are so into it and call themselves "professional dancers" haha! We had a fun time. In the room where we were practicing it was me and the 3 boys dancing with me, and then about 7 other students just chillin in the room watching us! Hah! I tried to get them to join the dance, but they said no. Hopefully I'll get a "cool teacher" reputation out of this. I mean, really, what other teacher in their school will do hip hop with them? :-P
We finished right at 5 and Mrs. Lee gave me a ride to where I change buses. By this time it was quite cold out and I only had a t-shirt on, doh! And I had to wait about 15 minutes for my bus to come. :-( But, I didn't freeze to death. Surprisingly, my host family was not home when I arrived around 6pm. They got back a little before 7pm. It was nice to see them again, as we haven't spent much time together. We had Samgyepsal (Korean style bacon) -- one of my fav Korean meals -- and sat around and talked for quite awhile after dinner. I told them my parents are probably coming in December during my final exam break and they are so excited!! I think they will help me plan our itinerary. Of course we will spend a couple days in the Suncheon/Gwangyang area, but then we'll go visit other areas! :-)
Also, we had some wildberry wine, which in Korean is 복분자. It actually means "upturned porcelain". My host family told me the bizarre story of how it got its name. I guess the first guy to make this kind of wine, after drinking it went to go pee and his pee was sooo strong that it caused the toilet, which was then a porcelain bowl, to upset! Oh, Korea... :-P So now they call the wine "upturned porcelain" -- how pleasant to think of strong piss while drinking the delicious tea! :-D
Tonight I finished reading my book, Queen, which was 800 pages... whew! It was really quite good, and although not completely historical, it was historical fiction and helped me learn more about American History. Anyway, I'm going to start a new book tonight -- I borrowed #1-5 of the Janet Evanovich "One for the money" series from another ETA. They will be easy reads and I'm sure I'll fly through all 5 books very fast.
Happy Friday everyone! :-D
"Leave Home Candle" -- I think he means, when you leave a candle burning after you leave home. Most original costume ever!
Part of the costume is that he never shoots the gun, and that the hat he is holding is too small for his big head. heehee



What a hunk!
Body changing man. a fake head where the crotch should be... :-P
Yarrr!
This is the funny clown with a "shit hat". 
Blood sucker-- when you look me, you will cry with fear.
I finally got around to taking pics of my fav Halloween costumes, so I will post some below.
This afternoon all the students voted for their school captains (one for each grade). I guess it is a pretty big deal to the students that run, but not a big deal in reality as they don't have much power or responsibility. Anyway, because of the elections, my first hip hop practice was delayed by an hour. We are supposed to have from 3-5 on Fridays to practice, but we started around 4:10 today. It actually went really well!!! The kids had a great time, and I'd have to say my first 30 seconds of choreography is pretty good, coming from me at least! But, now there are 3 more minutes of choreography to come up with. I told the boys we would choreograph together -- I don't think I could come up with all the moves on my own. So when we finished all the moves I had prepared for today, we came up with 2 more 8-counts of stuff to finish off the first verse. They are so into it and call themselves "professional dancers" haha! We had a fun time. In the room where we were practicing it was me and the 3 boys dancing with me, and then about 7 other students just chillin in the room watching us! Hah! I tried to get them to join the dance, but they said no. Hopefully I'll get a "cool teacher" reputation out of this. I mean, really, what other teacher in their school will do hip hop with them? :-P
We finished right at 5 and Mrs. Lee gave me a ride to where I change buses. By this time it was quite cold out and I only had a t-shirt on, doh! And I had to wait about 15 minutes for my bus to come. :-( But, I didn't freeze to death. Surprisingly, my host family was not home when I arrived around 6pm. They got back a little before 7pm. It was nice to see them again, as we haven't spent much time together. We had Samgyepsal (Korean style bacon) -- one of my fav Korean meals -- and sat around and talked for quite awhile after dinner. I told them my parents are probably coming in December during my final exam break and they are so excited!! I think they will help me plan our itinerary. Of course we will spend a couple days in the Suncheon/Gwangyang area, but then we'll go visit other areas! :-)
Also, we had some wildberry wine, which in Korean is 복분자. It actually means "upturned porcelain". My host family told me the bizarre story of how it got its name. I guess the first guy to make this kind of wine, after drinking it went to go pee and his pee was sooo strong that it caused the toilet, which was then a porcelain bowl, to upset! Oh, Korea... :-P So now they call the wine "upturned porcelain" -- how pleasant to think of strong piss while drinking the delicious tea! :-D
Tonight I finished reading my book, Queen, which was 800 pages... whew! It was really quite good, and although not completely historical, it was historical fiction and helped me learn more about American History. Anyway, I'm going to start a new book tonight -- I borrowed #1-5 of the Janet Evanovich "One for the money" series from another ETA. They will be easy reads and I'm sure I'll fly through all 5 books very fast.
Happy Friday everyone! :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment