Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yay for lazy Saturdays!!! :-D

I was able to sleep until 8:30 or so, yay! But unfortunately I got 2 calls on my cell phone last night rather late (and yes, me saying this is "late" makes me old), late being 11:10 and 11:45pm. I didn't answer because I was half asleep. Earlier in the day I also got 2 calls from random Koreans... my number must have been someone's old one. I usually give them two shots at speaking English, then just hang up. Anyhoo, got up and did some reading in bed. Then I skyped with Mom and Dad for a bit! So excited they are going to come see me -- now we just need to find a good plane ticket. Then it was time for breakfast. My host mom asked me if I wanted toast with butter. As that didn't sound too amazingly appetizing for me, I offered to make french toast! Yum!! So I made a whole bunch and broke out the maple syrup mom had sent me. I must say it was quite delicious, along with the banana milk my host mom made (my new fav beverage in the world!), and apple slices. My host dad woke up right after we all finished breakfast, so my host mom made him french toast and they asked if they could use my syrup and I said "of course!" As if I wouldn't share it with them... haha! Anyway, I walked out into the kitchen a few minutes later and my host dad was licking the syrup off his plate! HAHA, he clearly didn't want me to see him doing that, oops.

This afternoon I lounged around in my pj's until quite late in the day, while I did things like look for plane tickets for mom and dad's visit here. I finally got dressed just before we had lunch at 1:45. My host dad said we'd be going to the Nagan Folk Village (about 1/2 hour by car) this afternoon at 3pm. I said, ok! So we went to leave at 3, but Jun-eun wasn't around. So we got in the van and drove around looking for him for HALF AN HOUR! We finally found him up by E-Mart (20 min walk away) on his bicycle. Doh! I was surprised that the parents didn't even yell at him. They just rolled down the window and said, we'll meet you back at the apartment. Sillyhead. So, we left 40 minutes late. Anyway, the folk village was packed! So touristy! But it was interesting to see. Basically it is a thatched roof village. I took some pics and I'll post them once I upload them (probably tomorrow, after the 5k run. Yes, I am "running" a 5k tomorrow... yikes!)

Tonight I took Jun-ho out for pizza for his very late birthday present. It was quite delicious -- we ordered a supreme pizza. While not quite Pizza Hut quality, it was delicious, especially for $10! :-P Then I treated him to ice cream and I bought a few things at HomeEver. We looked for pumpkins because I want to make Jack-o-Lanterns with the boys on Friday, since they've never done it before. But, the store didn't have any. I might have to go to the market to get some.

Now I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy episode 5, do some more free-reading, and hit the sack. (So far I'm not very impressed by the One for the Money book -- I know it's not an amazing book or anything, but hopefully I'll get into it more.) Have a great weekend everyone! :-D

No comments: