Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sharing my cookies at school

So today I brought the majority of the cookies I made last night to school to share with everyone, and because today I was supposed to go on a picnic with the English teachers.

So I get to school and I start divvying up the cookies onto plates to take to the various teacher lounges. (During which Mrs. Lee informed me there wouldn't be enough, hinting that I should stop preparing plates for other teachers rooms and leave the rest for our room. Talk about selfish! She didn't know I had a whole other tupperware full.) I delivered them all in the morning and told everyone to enjoy! When I got back to my teachers room, naturally half of the cookies I had left had disappeared -- seriously, people sow down on goodies here! But I was fine with that -- I had plenty at home for myself! People told me they thought they were delicious, yay! ^^

Well, after my first class, I was told the English teachers picnic was canceled because everyone was too busy getting ready for our school evaluation, which I guess is taking place tomorrow and Friday. Instead, they informed me at the last minute of course, we would be having a workshop today. Good thing I was prepared for Halloween! I don't really understand how they didn't have time for the picnic, which would be during lunch and our workshop period, but they had time for the workshop. Oh well, I didn't bother asking. During the workshop only 2 teachers showed up, so it was really pointless, but whatever. One of them, the one severely lacking in tact, told me that other teachers told him my cookies were too salty and that I must not have mixed them well. I responded "I dont think they should complain." (ungrateful bastards, I added to myself) He responded "Well, they didn't say it to you, they said it to me." As if that should make a difference? Seriously. I'm sorry that making 8 dozen cookies by hand without a freaking mixer and only 1 cookie sheet and they weren't perfect. Seriously. See if I ever make cookies for all the teachers again...

I finished teaching my Halloween lesson today, thankfully. I was getting pretty tired of it, as I am with every lesson by day 5 of teaching it. Tomorrow I start my lesson on elections -- I'm having the students vote between Obama and McCain.

My parents booked their tickets to come see me this morning! They will be in Korea December 8-17!! Yay!! I'm so excited, but now I need to get busy planning their trip.

I'm feeling pretty tired already, but I'm going to go to dance tonight. Try to burn off some of the cookies I've eaten in the last 24 hours!

PS-- I was poking around on my city's English version of its website, and I found where it lists its "sister city", which is..... COLOMBIA, MISSOURI!!! HAHAHA! No freaking way. I wonder if Colombia, MO knows that....

No comments: