Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting soooo anxious!

Less than 48 hours and I'll be in Japan... WOO!

Run-down of my day:
The first graders had more tests this morning, so I didn't have to teach my morning classes. Instead I worked on my elections lesson plan. Then at noon I had my English teachers' workshop, in which we read an article from the Washington Post about the financial crisis. They all whined because it was 4 pages long. Boo hoo. They tell me they want authentic materials, so this is what they're going to get. Usually I give them the Korean Times in English articles -- they are much shorter, with easier vocab, and full of awkward English. They need to suck it up and be able to read a US newspaper article!

This afternoon I was supposed to teach 2 classes of 2nd graders -- but for the 2nd, the class wanted study hall for their midterms on Friday & Monday, so their teacher decided to let them have that instead of my (apparently) unimportant English class. However, I didn't want to complain as honestly, I could use the extra time today! After teaching the first class, I worked some more on my elections PPT, and then headed home. I made it home in under an hour today! WOO! Love it when that happens.

I quickly did laundry, ate a cookie from Grandma <3 and did some other schtuff until it was time for dance! Ballet was pretty good tonight. My technique is really getting a lot stronger. I'm still not used to being the only person in the room over 100 pounds though... kinda sucks. But it will be good motivation to lose a little bit of weight (DON'T WORRY, I won't go all anorexic on you! Trust me, I am definitely a comfort-food person when abroad.)

After dance I had my host mom's homemade kimbap for dinner, and we had it for breakfast this morning. I'm definitely not complaining, I LOVE KIMBAP!!! Jealous that she made it for my host brother's picnic today, but has never made it for me for when I go on trips. Luckily there is a kimbap (Korean style sushi) restaurant right across the street from our apartment, so I can easily pick up some cheap kimbap there!

Anyway, off to bed now!

PS--Best opening line to a news article EVER!!! :
"An average of 660 seniors and dementia patients disappear every month, a Grand National Party lawmaker said yesterday."--Korean Herald

No comments: