Yesterday I got to witness a fire drill at my school just as I was leaving. I had to stand with the teachers while they were all doing the "kimchi" squat, huddled in a corner. Then suddenly 1/3 of the teachers got up and grabbed a shovel or hoe from a pile of tools and took off sprinting across the parking lot. A few minutes later another 1/3 sprinted away. And then finally the last group left. Of course no one told me what was going on, except that I couldn't leave until the drill was over. So I followed the last group out into the parking lot to find them all lined up in military rows listening to some people talk. The prinicpal was out there with a loudspeaker. After being lectured for about 10 minutes everyone started clapping and saying good job. It was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen at school -- and there have been quite a few.
I tripped going up the stairs today to my first class. And it wasn't a little trip -- it was a total wipe out. The best part? It was in front of 5 of my students. I didn't hurt anything except my pride! :-)
Tonight was my last dance class for the winter. I gave all the girls Christmas cards and a piece of candy. The little brats of course asked me for more candy. For some reason, all school aged children think that foreign teachers are candy machines for some reason. I gave chocolate bars from America and Christmas cards to my 2 dance teachers also. They are so sad I will be gone until March!! They gave me some delicious rose tea before class.
Today one of the student's presentation topic was "Miss Vittetoe". He had found some pics of me on the school website (I didn't know they were there!) and printed them out and said how he loved my class and that I had beautiful eyes and "golden" hair. It was pretty funny/embarrassing to listen too!! Hah.
Lots of the presentations have been about musicians lately. I really want to download some Korean Music -- Wonder Girls, Girls Generation, Big Bang, Rain, and Brown Eyed Soul to name a few. I know several of the songs just because they are constantly played on cell phones and on the radio here, but it'd be fun to have them on my computer. Many other presentations have been about computer games and Korean food. Did you know that kimchi prevents cancer? I actually looked this one up and it says that kimchi can slow the progress of cancer, but also that eating too much kimchi can cause intestine cancer! Yikes!!
Anyway, tomorrow right after school I am taking a train up to Daejeon to meet up with Stephanie! We'll be doing shopping and celebrating Thanksgiving together! Super excited!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hi,how r u doing?have u heared from me?
lee
Post a Comment