Friday, November 21, 2008

When it rains, it pours...bibimbap.

So bibimbap is one of my favorite dishes here in Korea, so of course I was elated when we had it for dinner Thursday evening, and even for lunch Friday afternoon at school, but it was starting to get a bit old Friday evening for dinner again...

Thursday went pretty normal -- my teachers canceled their workshop (no qualms here!) and my classes all went well. I even got to play Thanksgiving Jeopardy with one of them! Got some more funny things they are thankful for:
my foot
eyes
Korea (would US children ever say they are thankful for the US on their Thanksgiving lists? I doubt it...)
America (only one person said this)
President of Korea, Lee Myeong Bak -- not popular at all with the younger generation, so this must have been a joke

Anyway, today I am heading to Gwangju to get my Chinese visa and then I have a conference from 1:30-5pm for all foreign teachers in this province. After that I'm booking it on a bus up to Seoul for the weekend, where I'll meet up with other ETAs, eat Mexican food (hopefully!), do some Christmas shopping, and have Thanksgiving dinner with the US Ambassador!!!!!! <---- yeah, excited to meet her, but even more so for the food!! ^^

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: