Anyway, the class ends with a game where they all have different slang words and they have to say them in a certain order and I time them. Well, I always let them do it twice and then tell them the fastest time (which was 0:43) and then the third time they try really hard to beat it. Well, I guess when I was handing out the paper slips with their words for the third time, the "cool" kid w/ good English made a plan. So when I said "Go!" and started the timer, they all mumbled their words at the same time and then the kid with the last word said his word. So their time was like 2 seconds!!! HAHA! It made me laugh so hard!!! I wish all the other classes were goofballs like that instead of just being jerks and talking in Korean all the time.
Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading off to hike Seoraksan with my friend Stephanie from high school (she is teaching over here this year also). Seoraksan is the 3rd highest mountain in Korea and is supposedly the most beautiful hike in all of Korea. My host dad told me the peak leave-changing time was last weekend (so he said its not even worth going this weekend) but I think it will still be worth the trip. Unfortunately I have to take about 9 hours by bus to get there! I will leave right after I finish teaching tomorrow at 1 and hopefully catch the 2:20 bus from Suncheon to Seoul, where I will meet with Stephanie and together we will bus over to Seoraksan. It is in the NE corner of S Korea, and I'm down in the SW corner!! I'm sure I will have good stories and lots of good pictures to share!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Here are pictures of my picnic with the English teachers yesterday:

No comments:
Post a Comment