Wednesday, November 19, 2008

say WHAT?!

So, it's officially winter here now. Many parts of Korean (not my hometown tho) got snow yesterday. Today it didn't warm up at all in the afternoon. I froze walking to and from school. Also, I had to wait 25 minutes for my transfer bus. That sucked. If I had balls, they probably would have frozen off.

Classes today went well -- still doing the Thanksgiving lesson. BUT, I got some bad news from school today. And by bad, I mean frustrating. VERY FRUSTRATING.

So, our school final exam period changed. Why is that such a big deal?
FIRST, I had to change the dates of my speaking tests for the THIRD TIME! It is very frustrating to try to plan anything with all the schedule changes. Usually those classes just miss out on the lesson of the week, but when it's their speaking test, it lasts for 2 weeks and they can't just miss. It has to get done! And even though they are only 2 minutes per student, with 600 students, that's a lot of minutes!
SECOND, my parents are visiting me over finals since I don't have to go to school those days. They already bought their tickets. Luckily, all my days off still fall when they are here in Korea, but it completely changes the itinerary I had for them. Now I have to re-think it all and figure it all out. I'm going to ask for the Monday off that they arrive so I can just meet them in Seoul at the airport.

And to top off my day (which wasn't horrible, just cold and frustrating), I get home and really want some hot chocolate. Of course we dont have any milk. (This house severely lacks in the Western staples: bread, milk, eggs. Quite frustrating to me!) And even better, there is no drinking water! (We have to boil all our water.) Oh Korea...

No comments: