So, today was a good day at school!! First off, I got a ride for the 5 minute walk to the school I do every morning -- my Principal picked me up!! It was so cute when he rolled down the window and said "Pe-so-ni"!! :-) Then my 4 student classes went pretty well today -- I finished up lesson 2. I also had a workshop with the Eng Teachers and it was fun! We watched an episode of FRIENDS (The one w/ Rachel's New Dress)-- I had picked out some tough vocab/phrases to go over with them. I had also picked out 2 scenes that we read over and focused on before watching it. They were laughing and enjoyed the show, even though they didn't get everything because they speak so fast and use so much slang. Anyway, we decided to keep it up all semester.
I was told at school today that tomorrow someone will be coming to videotape my class for a promo video for the high school. :S I'm a little anxious because it will be the first day for my new lesson, and it's about secrets. So, that's kind of a risky lesson anyway -- hopefully the boys will get into it! I also have to say 3 good things about the school on the camera. .....Um, ok? I also stayed late to write a brief self-intro/hello! article for the school newspaper. While I was doing that, the VP came up and started chatting w/ me in broken english. I think he wants to hook me up w/ his son, who is also an english teacher!! ^^ The vp asked if I have a boyfriend. And, I guess his son, the vp, and me are all going to chill on Saturday? He called his son, and then had his son ask me in english, so i guess he's going to pick me up sometime sat afternoon and we'll just be hanging out at their house? :-) The vp seems nice enough.
I also got a ride from school to the bus stop today. Maybe it pays off to stay later at school? Today I didn't leave until 5:15pm. When I transfered buses the second bus came right away and I didn't have to wait long! And I got to sit by a cute baby on the bus. :-D Good bus ride home!
I got my absentee ballot today and was all excited -- I thought it was for the Presidential election! Turns out it was just for a local school election, and there is only one position open and only one candidate! What a waste of the expense of an election. Needless to say, I'm not going to vote. But, I had fun showing the ballot to my host family, etc. (Is that illegal? :-S)
Tomorrow is Jun-ho's birthday! He is 13 in Korean years, but won't turn 14 tomorrow -- they all turn one year older on Korean new year! He was born in 1996, so will only really be turning 12. We are going out for dinner to an italian restaurant!! Yay!! But, unfortunately, tomorrow night all the teachers are having a welcome dinner for our new vice principal!! So I can't go because I'll be going with my family. I wish I could do both :(.
Anyway, that's enough for tonight. Time to shower and get to bed!! Have a good day everyone!!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment