Sunday, September 7, 2008
Seonam Buddhist Temple
Yay for Sunday! I slept until 8:30, did my workout, and had breakfast with the family. We had the kimbap from my VP's wife and then had some rice balls using flavorings from Japan brought by the friend teacher last night. It was actually delicious!! Too bad I can't say the same for lunch.... today's lunch was the first thing that I couldn't really eat much of. It was octopus, which I have no problem eating, but then tons and tons of black pepper!! The rest of the family didn't really like it much either. At 2 we left for the temple, about an hour drive away from our house. It was really nice and cool in the trees even though it was hot in the sun. It was gorgeous and peaceful. :-) It was really great to get into nature! But every Buddhist temple looks pretty much the same to me, even though they are all pretty. I took some great pics, so be sure to check out the email I sent out with pictures. We went to an awesome bibimbap restaurant for dinner and I ate a lot :-). It was a nice, relaxing day overall!! Ike and I Skype'd and tried to figure out how I'm going to get to Japan when I get the chance to visit (hopefully in a month or so).
Me with the host brothers at a stream near the temple.
Host mom learning how to prepare traditional Korean tea.
Wooden statues to keep away evil spirits.
Seonam Buddhist Temple.
Me with Jun-ho. 
Pretty flower!
Stacks of prayer cards.
Me by a traditional (aka hole in the ground) toilet.
Me in front of the stream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment