So today's classes went pretty well. Also, one of my classes was canceled because they had to take a national English test.
Today I had a big fiasco while trying to buy my ticket to Japan. Ike and I spent some time last night looking on the internet to find the price and schedules. We found one where I left Korea at 1pm on Friday and leave Japan at 3:30 on Monday. (I have a M & F off for midterms the 3rd weekend of October). Anyway, the ticket was $450. Well, this morning I called the airline to see how many seats were left, because technically the dates haven't been set (they only announce the schedule at the beginning of each month). Well, I was hoping to wait to purchase the ticket until next week when the schedule has been finalized. However, when I called this morning, the afternoon flight to Japan was already full!!! :-( So then I was trying to figure out another way to get there earlier than the evening flight, where I wouldn't get to Japan until 8pm. Basically, lots of back and forth. I asked about getting the Tuesday off as well, but I would have to find a way to re-arrange all my classes to teach them ahead of time and basically it would be really complicated. Anyway, after much back and forth, confusion on my part and that of my co-teachers and the travel agent, I BOUGHT A TICKET!! I ended up getting a seat on a 1pm flight, but the price went up to 520,000 won, which is about $450. I'm so excited!!
My projector is still not fixed and might not be until the middle of next week! :-( They have to call some expert from Gwangju, because the first 2 that tried to fix it couldn't fix it.
It started raining this afternoon and luckily I got Mrs. Song to take me to the bus station. I had really good luck transferring buses as well! I didn't have to wait at all, and I actually had to run across the overpass to make it to the bus on time!!!
Dance class tonight was awesome!! I walked there even though it looked like it could start raining again any time -- it did start sprinkling, but no big deal. The weather is definitely starting to cool down and feel like Fall!! Later this week it is supposed to get down to 49 at night! WHOA! Along the same vein, the farmers have started harvesting the rice. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to see any of the actual harvesting. But from what I can tell, they drain the rice field, thresh the rice (cut it), and then put it in bales!! That's my guess from the different stages I have seen.
Anyway, dance class was awesome again. Hopefully I'll start to get into shape by the end of next week. I'm going to try to watch what I eat more too. I was told the previous ETA gained about 15-20 kilograms -- that's 30-45 pounds! Definitely don't want to go down that route. If I am careful about snacking, then I should have no problem. I can't get over how tiny all the dancers are. Especially the dance teacher! Her legs (including thighs) are as big around as my upper arms. I don't know how she can be that small and still healthy -- she doesn't look anorexic. I realized that I don't like their way of doing the barre -- where you always face the mirror and just switch sides -- because you stay on the same side of the barre twice: once to finish an exorcise, and then again for the first side of the next exorcise. This means that you work the same side of your body twice in a row, instead of constantly alternating, like a proper barre. Anyway, my quad muscles cramped up today during the ronde du jambe en l'air (ok, no making fun of my bad french/ballet spelling) and the grande battements! Ouch!!
I caught a bus home, bought a kimbap (sushi) roll, and was home by 9:15. Not too bad. I can't believe how much I like kimbap!! I hated seaweed before coming here and now I loooove it! :-) My host mom also made me banana milk, and I had a piece of toast with PB & honey (we were out of jam). Now that's a great, yet light, meal if I've ever had one! It hit the spot. Speaking of hitting things, I think I'm going to hit the sack (haha, oh me and my bad jokes). I know my body needs rest after teaching 4 classes and dancing tonight. Adios!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment