Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Haircut!!

It's Friday!! I only had 3 classes today and was done by 1pm, but stayed for lunch and grading at school until 2:15. I got home around 3:30 and treated myself to a fish-shaped ice cream with red beans inside!! (My fav treat) And a banana milk -- yum! I haven't had that since I got here. Today I had the same soup for breakfast as we had for lunch at school -- coincidence? It's called "ddeok-guk" and it's soup with egg and ddeok (or, Korean rice cake) in it. Good thing I like it!!

After getting home, I vegged out and watched an episode of Friends, did some free reading, and then went and got my haircut!! My host brother took me. Unfortunately we had to wait for about an hour before she even got to us! We didn't get done until 7:30. I took a picture (see below). She asked if I wanted about an inch off (just using hand gestures, not words) and I said that would be good. She ended up taking off 2-3 inches. But, at least it is cute! It's nice to have a fresh hairstyle -- I definitely needed a cut. I was really nervous to get my haircut -- and I realized it is because in my life I have only ever had 2 people cut my hair in my whole life : one for the first 12-13 years, and the other for the last 10 years. So it was scary going to a new person!! Especially one who couldn't speak English. :-) Anyway, the hair-cutter lady was kind of bitchy -- I guess she thought I was just waiting with my brother for him to get his haircut, and that I wasn't actually getting my haircut. So when he finished, a different lady sat down, and I was like umm....? But then my host brother said something and that lady got up and I sat down. Then the hair-cutter got all dramatic like she was so tired and couldn't believe I wanted my haircut too! She sat down on the couch and sighed and drank some water. Then she whipped through my haircut. Oh well, it was only $8 and it turned out cute, so I can't complain. Tonight I was tired and could have gone to bed around 8:30, but didn't get to bed until 10:30. I feel like an adult going to bed so early!! I don't like it. :-( Anyway, tomorrow is my big date with the VP and his son..... hopefully it won't be too awkward.
More secrets:
I'm believe Jesus.
If there is no pillow, I can't sleep.

1 comment: