Thursday, September 4, 2008

You're secret's safe with me!

Got my butt up early (6am) and did yoga in my room. Today I was very nervous about teaching because I started my new lesson plan about secrets and they came to video tape me!! However, the students actually seemed excited at my secrets lesson!! And they wrote some awesome/funny/scary secrets!! (See below). I'm a little worried if it will be too hard for the 1st graders (aka soph.), but I think it is good to give them challenging lessons and not just easy ones. The videotaping turned out not to be a big deal at all, but I was a little irritated that they took away from my class time, especially since this lesson takes all 50 minutes! They did a mini "interview" with me, aka me staging some positive answers about how great the school is. Anyway, the pics below are definitely worth checking out! If you want to know more about the project we're doing, it's inspired by www.PostSecret.com!

Tonight we went out for dinner for Jun-ho (my oldest host brother)'s birthday! We went to his fav restaurant, which was "italian", except not italian at all. :-S They served the food with rice, kimchi, and pickles -- pickles are always served w/ pizza and italian food, of course that's how they really do it in Italy, right? :-P I ordered my fav kind of pizza, "Margarita" -- which is supposed to be a thin crust pizza with fresh tomatoes, goat cheese, other cheese, etc. It was pretty much a pizza served on a not crispy in the least crust w/ plain ol' tomato sauce and regular mozzerella cheese -- a bit of a disappointment. And then I had half of my host mom's chicken stuffed w/ cheese -- the meat was actually pretty good! But the sauce was a slightly weird brown sauce, also drizzled with mustard and ketchup -- even the potatoes and broccoli were covered in it! Anyway, then I had a scoop of quite possibly the best chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted and some delicious fruit. Anyway, be sure to check out the pictures below!

A plant from the Vice Principal -- he had literally around 40 plants/flowers as welcoming gifts, so he kindly decided to pass them out to other teachers in the gyomushil (teacher's lounge) -- I secretly think he gave me one of the best ones because of the beautiful vase! I hope I don't kill it! :-S Jun-ho told me tonight he was the "happiest man in the world" because it was his birthday!!! ^^ I have him a "Certificate" that "entitled" him to a night out for pizza with me sometime. :-) It's a date!

Ok, below are some of the Post Secret postcards that the students made today and will be making all week. I have written some of my favorite ones below, so keep an eye out for them!

I think my mother is the most beautiful girl in the world.
Girls don't like me.
I've never touched even a girl's hand...very sad.
In fact, I am unkind....so I want to be honest man.
People think I am outgoing, but I am introverted.
I wore my sister's school uniform.
I am actually E.T.
I have seen sexy video.
Actually I have 5 girlfriends.
I love Vittetoe.
I often say lie.
I handsome.
Don't have many clothes.
Sometimes I met a bad fairy in my dream.
I set a fire in the 6th grade.
I enjoy picking [my] scabs.
I want to arson in school.












The Post Secret wall so far -- 4 classes down, 13 more to go!! This baby will be full!
The Superstar wall!! Where I post their good work!

No comments: