After an AMAZING lunch (well, for cafeteria standards: sweet and sour chicken w/ pineapple & soup with dumplings!), we had a 3 hour lecture from a man from the Embassy, a Regional English Language Officer. I thought it would be boring, but he actually had some good teaching tips and methodology. After that up-beat workshop we had a bit of a downer lecture about "bad attitudes" and people venting too much on their blogs. This is why I've changed my blog title, and removed the "Name of My Program" so as not to affiliate myself with it. Anyway, after that Matt and I (again) went in search of Hangul stickers to put on our keyboards but again we were unsuccessful. We got ice cream instead! I got a pineapple coconut from Baskin Robbins....yum! Super yum! It was delicious. Dinner was alright, we had tteok ("rice cakes" but not like the kind you think. Think very big pasta...like thumb-sized).
Later in the evening I had my 2nd calligraphy class. I was resting (because it actually is very tiring) between worksheets and I guess I was sitting in a culturally unacceptable position (the tip of my brush pointing up over my shoulder). The teacher came over and made me start writing again, with her guiding me. No breaks! We also learned that you are not supposed to breath while you are making the strokes. Whoa! We had to find a Korean proverb for next week that she will write for us. I found this one on google:
손바닥으로 하늘을 가리려한다
Don't try to cover the whole sky with the palm of your hand.
- (i) You are denying your past actions and can not come to terms with yourself nor with the other person(s).
- (ii) You are not being honest to yourself and not admitting how you feel about someone or something.
- (iii) You are avoiding the obvious, but you are going to have to face it one day.
Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment