Friday, July 18, 2008

I'll be out of contact for a couple days...

...cuz the program is taking us to Songnisan (I think it is pretty central) for the weekend! We leave tomorrow morning (Friday) and come back Sunday afternoon. It is a national park so we'll be hiking and I think I am going to attend the service at the Buddhist temple on Saturday morning at 3AM!!! Hopefully it will be fun. :-)

Today was a good day. Lots of this past year's ETAs have been arriving to help with Camp F (an English camp) which starts next week. We talked with them about their placements and the differences between rural/suburban/urban, girls/boys/co-ed, and high school/middle school. Right now I am leaning towards requesting a rural girls middle school placement, hopefully in the south or east part of the country. We'll see if I get it or not! :-o

After all the workshops were done today, I went to Pizza Hut with Matt, Anne, and Danielle. It was amazing! We got pepperoni. Except it was carry-out only, so we ate on a picnic table on some random street corner right down town. It hit the spot! Afterwards we went out for some pot-bing-su and that was super good as well. I had a meeting with the Camp F teacher that I'll be teaching for on Tuesday to discuss my lesson plan. She seemed to think it was good, but that I might need a filler activity in case they go through it too fast. Should be easy enough! I just got back from a walk a bit ago. I explored another little area of Chuncheon with Anne, Matt, and Jen.

Anway, here are some pictures. Be back on Sunday afternoon!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Matt, Anne, and I at the Ice Cool place for pat-bing-su. It has swings for seats!!! ^_^
Look at that gynormous pat-bing-su!
After we've started to scarf it down and mix it up.
They spray the streets with this...I've been told it's mosquito spray.
Carvings of samulnori (the traditional drumming I did) on the light post.

No comments: