Saturday, July 26, 2008

...stuff I forgot to say last night

My computer started acting up yesterday, so I'm a little nervous whether it's going to make it through the year. I have not had any problems with it since last summer when I had to get a new hard-drive. Last night when I tried to start it up it gave me a blackscreen with an error message: something about it not being able to load from a previous file or something. There were 2 options, and I chose the less scary sounding one: restart anyway. This did not work, so I looked up the error message on a friend's computer and saw that I should choose the scarier option and that it wouldn't wipe my drive clean. This worked! Yay! But then when I got the computer to start up it said something about a corrupted file with my Skype program. When I just restarted the computer this morning it went through a whole Checkdisk scan and was restoring some sort of corrupted/missing file. I hope it works now!

It is DOWNPOURING again! I guess today will be another monsoon day. Yesterday we only had a few brief periods of mist.

So I found this very funny: Yesterday at our business meeting, the leaders wanted to remind us that there are proper channels in place to talk about problems going on here at orientation, whatever they may pertain to. Apparently someone was either bitching or just talking to their parents and told them that our living situation (ie: that we throw our TP in the trashcan instead of flushing it, and that our laundry facility is closed so we have to carry it down the hill to a laundry mat, etc) Anyway, these parents either over-reacted to that person's situation and they ended up contacting their senator who then called the State Dept who then contacted our orientation leaders. Those are pretty silly concerns if you ask me. Anyway, I thought that was funny.

Last night I also watched another Korean movie: Eorin Shinbu, which means "My Little Bride". I highly recommend it for those of you who have netflicks and can get it. It's from 2004, so it should be available. It is super cute!! But unfortunately I had to leave before the ending because I had a meeting about my farm lesson plan (which that teacher seemed to think would be good).

That's all for now.... I'll write about today later tonight!

No comments: