Thursday, July 10, 2008

A busy day!

Today was extremely busy, and unfortunately I don't have much time to write about it, so here it is in a nut shell:

We had another 4 hour language session today, but it was much harder than yesterday. We had a ton of new vocab and phrases thrown at us. We learned to say "What country are you from", "I'm from _____", several different country names, "Do you have any questions?", "Yes/No I do/don't", "Thank you", "You're welcome", "Excuse me", "It's ok". I definitely feel I am already getting faster reading hangul, the Korean alphabet!

After class I went to the bookstore on campus to buy some flash cards to study. I also got a cute little notebook to keep in my purse for random things I need to keep track of. Yay! Everything is so cute here. :-)

Then we had a 3 hour 45 minute workshop on teaching, but we didn't cover anything about lesson plans. After that, we got some dinner. Then I had about 20 minutes of free time before we had to catch a taxi to our Samulnori drumming class. It was AMAZING! I will post a couple videos and pictures. We only get to meet one more time, but I loved it! Really really fun experience! :-)

I'm now trying to study all the vocab we learned today, which is quite a lot. I'll get it down, but it's just overwhelming. I love the little notecards that come on key rings here. They are great for vocab lists! :-D

I also got my webcam to work, so I am relieved I don't have to purchase another one here! :-) Today's weather was actually bearable most of the day -- pretty low humidity I think. I'm excited tomorrow is Friday -- I'm hoping to get to go hiking somewhere near Chuncheon on Saturday. Today's lunch. Check out that crab leg and crab body in the soup! :0
Samulnori drums!
Me posing before class began. Check out the awesome slippers I got to wear for the lesson. ^_^
Again, posing for the camera. We actually laid the drums on their side to play them.
This is what she used to teach us the various types of hits and rhythms.


This is a video of our teacher doing a samulnori dance while we're playing music!

No comments: