Saturday, July 26, 2008

No trying on clothes in SK!

Well, today we were back to the 4-hour Korean classes, and let me tell you, it was very overwhelming!!! We learned:
past tense
negation
telling time
months & dates
days of the week

THAT IS SO MUCH TO LEARN IN ONE DAY!!! :-S But it is good -- we are getting a really high quality language training for free! I plan to do some intense studying this weekend. I've set a goal for myself: to get through the rest of my language book by myself (or with a private tutor) by the end of the year -- that is, know all the vocab, grammar, and other ideas! I think if I accomplish this I will have a pretty good foundation of Korean.

After language class most of us were feeling overwhelmed, so I went with a group of about 10 girls and some of their Korean friends to Myong-dong, the downtown area of Chuncheon. There is an underground mall there! They have great fashion here and I plan on buying a fair amount of clothes, of course! :-) Unfortnately I didn't buy anything today. There was one shirt and a jumper I would have liked to have bought, but you can only try on pants here! They won't let you try on shirts -- I guess bc of make-up/deodorant getting on it. There was no way I was going to buy these clothes without first trying them on. But, they sure are cute!! :-)

After shopping, we had a mandatory business meeting at 3:45pm. We found out that we will "likely" be finding out our placements on Wednesday. I didn't know it would be so soon! I can't wait to find out! ^_^ After that I worked on my third lesson plan with Olga -- we'll be teaching a beginning class on Thursday. Then, I worked with 7 other people on learning a dance for the talent show in 3 weeks or so!! We're learning Ok Go : A Million Ways. It will be better than awesome!! I'm stoked!

Finally, we went out tonight....to patbingsu and then to join the larger group of us and KEY club members at a bar called Western. Everyone chipped in 10,000 won (or "man-won" in Korean) and we got Soju (Korean drink similar to vodka) and some amazing fried appetizers. I had a lot of fun. We had the whole top floor of this place to ourselves and it was rocking! The OC team was being especially crazy tonight -- but then they left early to "work" -- I think they just went to party without us! :-)

Anyway, I was going to stay up later tonight, but I am crashing -- probably because my roomie's alarm was on snooze for 1.5 hours this morning....eeek! Anyway, time for a goodnight's rest. Have a good day everyone! :-)

Underground mall!
Shoes on sale.
Myong-dong: downtown Chuncheon!
Ice Cool (patbingsu restaurant) out the Back Gate: writing on the wall. Also, check out the very cool swings for benches.
Debbie & I -- believe it or not, she was in Japan with Ike when he studied there Junior year, so she knows him. ^_^

No comments: