Sunday, July 13, 2008

Best day in Korea (well, so far!)

Hiking + Korean Pancakes + Pop-in-su + Noraebang = BEST DAY EVER!!!! ^_^

So, a bunch of the group want to Seoul today, but 8 of us decided to head out to go hiking!!!! Despite a rough start to our journey (aka, finding the right bus, going the right direction) we made it there and had a great time! We ended up hiking all the way to the top of one of the mountains. It was fantastic. It rained a bit, but not too bad. I'm only going to post a few of the pics here, but be sure to check out the photo album I sent out via email! It was gorgeous! There was also a Buddhist temple, which was so pretty and colorful! After getting back down the mountain, we had Korean pancakes which are delicious! And we ate them at a restaurant over a stream!

After getting back to Chuncheon and showering, we met up with some other people from the group and headed back to Ice Cool for some pop-in-su (the amazing dessert I had yesterday!) and then to a noraebang!!! (karaoke) There were about 15 of us in the room and I have not had that much fun in a long time! I think I am officially addicted to pop-in-su + noraebang! I don't know how I'll survive without them back in the states.

Anyhoo, I locked myself out of the room as I was leaving, so didn't have my key nor my camera for this evening (and thus, no amazing pictures). We came back and tried to pick the lock as the RAs were not home. Finally, after about 10 minutes with several people trying, Karen became my savior and got the lock picked! YAY! I was actually getting ready to sleep in someone else's bed who is gone for the night. So, I will very gratefully sleep in my own bed tonight :-)


Me near the dam, overlooking the lake.
Beautiful statue.
The Buddhist temple was SOOO gorgeous. If you like this picture, check out the rest in my photo album. They are beautiful! At the top of the mountain! I really like the spirally tree in the background.

One of the views from the mountain.

3 comments:

aLLi G said...

Bethany! I just caught up on your blog, it looks sooo amazing!!! I am excited to keep reading about your adventures in Korea.

-Alli

Karin said...

Bethy! Things look awesome :) You should consider getting a flickr account for your pictures-- it's super-easy to use... although the Kodak thing works too. I just got back from a camping trip with children-- YIKES! I'm putting pics up on facebook :)

Miss you!

dglinsma said...

looks like so much fun! and it sure is pretty! muah booger