Sunday, July 20, 2008

My weekend in Songnisan!!!

I had a wonderful weekend in Songnisan! I ate tons and tons of new Korean food that was delicious! Songnisan is located in a national park. Unfortunately, a "typhoon" came in on Saturday and so we did not get to do any hiking due to heavy rain and winds. But we had fun anyway!

Friday night we went noraebang-ing (karaoke) and had a GREAT time! Saturday and Sunday we had American breakfast. I had 2 bowls of Frosted Flakes each day plus bacon, toast, OJ, and fresh pineapple. Yummy! Saturday I took a 2 hour walk with a few people, napped for 3 hours, played lots of cards (I taught people Shit on your Neighbor and Dutch Blitz), and had some down time reading. I also watched a Korean version of "America's got talent".

Sunday I also went for a walk and played cards. It was a relaxing weekend, which is much needed because these next 2 weeks we are hosting Camp F. An English camp where I will teach 3 lessons all by myself! My first is this Tuesday about landscapes in America. The kids will be living in a dorm next to ours and sharing our cafeteria, so I'm sure it will be an intense 2 weeks, on top of our Korean language class!

We have our 2nd quiz tomorrow. I'm sure they will make it harder since everyone did so well last time. They gave us tons of new vocabulary! Last week we learned places, verbs, and adjectives. Around 12-24 of each category. Hopefully I will do well on my quiz tomorrow. I studied a lot on the 4 hour bus ride home.

Anyway, here are some pictures before I head off to dinner and a workshop on our school placements. Please check out the pictures in my kodakgallary.com album -- there are many more and they are beautiful!! (Let me know if you didn't get the email) At least one video will follow soon.


Lunch in Songnisan -- "pa chan" -- similar to Spanish tapas.
Gynormous Buddha!!!
5-roof pavillion at the Buddhist temple.
For some reason the pig appears to be the mascot of Songnisan!
Scenery at Songnisan National Park.

No comments: