Today I went to church for the first time since being here. It was definitely not a Catholic church, maybe non-denominational? It was called Bethel church. It was...interesting. I went with Hugh, Marina, and Jeannie. It was close to Myongdong, and on the 7th floor of a building. It had a beautiful view. The service started at 10am, and didn't get done until noon! There was some dancing and rapping besides the singing. Also, the sermon was about an hour long. I don't know how I lasted through it. Especially since I couldn't understand a word of it! We had a translation of the sermon, but that took about 20 minutes to read. Anyway, there is a guy there named Dong Han (?) who speaks fluent English. We went out to lunch with him at a nearby 비빔밥 (bibimbap) restaurant. It was great!! The cost was 6000won ($6) and we also got a rice wine that was similar to Mexico's orchata, without the milk. By now it was 2pm and I needed to get back and study! So the 3 of us girls hailed a cab back to campus. (Even though it would have only been about a 25 minute walk)
This afternoon I've been studying, taking cat naps, and then was supposed to go with the RAs and a few other people to see Mummy 3 and go out for dinner. However, the movie tickets were all sold out, so we went for patbingsu instead. Which, although I'm sad I didn't get to see Mummy 3 (bc I want to learn all about the Teracotta Army!), was better because I didn't have to spend so much money and I had more time to study. The studying really is helping! We skipped dinner in the cafeteria because we heard it was not worth the trip: octopus & vegetable soup. Eek! I wasn't hungry anyway. I'm about to head off to the listening part of Charles' linguistics study. I think we only have 1 more week left, then we get $50 for participating! And even get to have our name in a drawing for $100! :-O I hope I get it! :-D More studying will follow, interrupted by a brief walk and dance practice tonight.
Have a good day everyone! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment