Friday, August 15, 2008

Korea's got "Seoul"!!!

So, I didn't post yesterday (sorry everyone!). It was a busy day since it was our last in Chuncheon. We had graduation ceremony in the morning and then a talk about our contracts in the afternoon. I spent more of the afternoon packing up all my stuff -- SOOO hard with all the stuff I've accumulated here. :-( I went out to dinner with 3 other girls who are teaching at all boys HS and it was SPICY! Well, for me at least, but really yummy. We had our last session for the linguistics study I have been participating in all throughout the past 6 weeks. We got our "reward" money: $50 gift certificate to Emart!! YAY!! Then, I finished off the night by going for Patbingsu with quite a few people. It was DELICIOUS as usual. ^^ I watched the newest Project Runway with some people and headed to bed.

Friday morning was busy finishing packing, cleaning, and getting on the bus to head to Seoul. We arrived in Seoul around 11:15 and unpacked all our luggage, lugged it up 2 flights of stairs to our dorm rooms, and got a little settled in. Our dorm room is waaay nicer than the one we've lived in the past 6 weeks! And we get to control the AC.

Exploring Seoul was good for the most part. I'm going to be brief right now since I need to get to bed... we ate in a Korean restaurant for lunch and watched some of the Olympics (badminton and girls gymnastics), then headed more down town on the subway where we saw a palace and the oldest market in Seoul. Some random Korean guy bought us ice cream and we met a girl from the US and actually hung out with her for a few hours. We then made our way over to Itaewon (the foreigner district) which I really didn't like. It was expensive, and we just ended up eating at a Subway. The end of our night was the best part: we went to Seoul Tower and got to look out over the whole city. It is quite huge!!! It was pretty neat. We even saw some fireworks (today was Liberation day here in Korea) -- also lots of police around, I guess there was a big riot about American Beef today.

Anyway, more later, but I'm off to bed.

PS-- pics later, once I've moved to my placement.

No comments: