Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Crazy few days...

Sorry I have been out of contact for a few days now. I will be home all day tomorrow with free time, so I will write more then. Until then, I have posted a picture of my homestay family. They are soooo AMAZING and very nice. :-)

After being out of contact for a few days, my host family was kind enough to go through the trouble running an internet cable all the way to my room. I was finally able to Skype with Mom, only to get some bad news that Dad had been in a serious motorcycle wreck last Thursday at Millville. He is not paralyzed, thanks to God!!, but does not have movement of his hands and they are burning. Hopefully that is a temporary thing, but right now he will be wearing a neck collar for 3 months and taking it easy. I am so glad that he is ok and can walk and that nothing worse happened to him. Please keep him and my family in your prayers for the next few months during his recovery.

On a brighter note, Ike is flying over to Japan right now!!! Can't wait to hear from him. :-)

My host family: "Uncle", "Andy", "Ben", and "Aunt"
Our apartment is soo nice and my room is very big. I feel very lucky to be with such kind and generous people! ^^

No comments: