Today was great!! I slept in until 9am and then we had sandwiches for breakfast, using egg and the left over veggies from last night all kind of pureed. It was really delicious! After breakfast I did my laundry, with the help of the boys in using the laundry machine. Around 12:30 we headed out to Suncheon Bay. It is a wetland, so we saw lots of crabs, fish that live out of water on the mud, mud, birds, and lots of reeds. It was SOOO beautiful!! Be sure to check out the email I sent out with all the pictures, as only a few are posted here. We climbed a small mountain/hill and had a beautiful view, took a boat ride with the boys, and also had a kimbap (sushi) picnic outside. It was beautiful weather (a little hot, but nice and sunny) and a nice, relaxing day with the family. I really enjoy spending time with them!!
We had kimchi chiggae (soup) tonight and it was pretty tasty!!
Jun-eun (the younger son) has started using more English around me today, so I think he is gaining confidence. It is so cute. Today on the boat he kept putting his hand down in the water and then coming to give me a high five to get my hand all wet! :-) And then after the boat he held my hand while we were walking back to where the parents were waiting for us. I am amazed by how different the 2 boys are, but I love them both! Jun-eun is super sweet and always looks out for me: he teaches me Korean, teaches me about plants (he wants to be a botanist someday and will make an excellent one!), gives me food, and other very kind things. His English is not very strong, so he makes a lot of strange sounds and body actions to get my attention and communicate with me. Jun-ho (the older son) has great English and is so silly. He talks very fast and is hyper!! They are both adorable and it is great to have siblings that are way younger as they really look up to me!!
Anyway, enjoy the pics! I'm going to finish watching the Korean movie I started last night: "Sassy Girl". It is a comedy and so far is hilarious. My host dad made the subtitles for it!

Crabs!!!

Host family, sporting the "couple tees" I got them as gifts, go Hawks!

Reeds growing on the wetland.

Father and sons....so cute!

More and more reeds!

Jun-eun, the botanist!

View from atop the hill we climbed.

Looking towards Suncheon city.

Jun-ho practicing the bridge with the UNO cards I gave him.

A hut to eat inside of. Check out the beautiful sky!

Me with the 2 rascals on the boat.

Goofy faces. I think I will take about.... a million pictures of them or so this year.

Jun-eun eady to give me a sloppy, wet HIGH FIVE!!

Goofy brothers.

Mud that fish, crabs, and other slimey things live in!
No comments:
Post a Comment