However, the day turned around when I ate in the cafeteria for the first time for Saturday lunch. We had cold noodles with veggies and it was yum! And I was adding extra chili powder for flavor -- my spice tolerance has increased!!! ^_^
After lunch we walked to Myong-dong, the downtown shopping district here in Chuncheon, the place with the underground mall that I visited briefly before. It turns out it's only about a 25 minute walk from campus. Anyhoo, I didn't buy anything besides food there. We got ice cream right away to cool us off (it wasn't too hot, but very humid). Then we walked around and looked at the shops for awhile. Then we went above ground and walked down the pedestrian street and to a more traditional market. There I got another one of those fish-shaped, waffle cone things filled with red beans. YUM! Then we made a deal with an ajima (elderly woman) to buy some more food from her stand. I ended up getting a home-made donut. Yum!!! And THEN we went and got supper. Anne and I split a plate because we just weren't too hungry. It was breaded chicken, a very sweet coleslaw that I actually liked, rice, spicy noodle soup, and then of course kimchi and vinegar radish (didn't eat those). Yummy!! By then it was downpouring again, so we hailed a cab back to campus. After studying for a bit (and not studying for a bit) we decided to go out and get some patbingsu. You should know by now that I can never resist an invitation for some PBS. We walked there in the downpour and it was so worth it. But then my stomach was literally full to the brim. After coming back to the dorm we watched the beginning of Step Up, then Matt & Anne got tired so we stopped it for the night. I wasn't upset because I came back and finished going over the chapter I was studying. I've been procrastinating this weekend! I have 3 more chapters to go over tomorrow, besides going to church, maybe getting my haircut, maybe going to see Mummy 3 and out to dinner with the RAs, and doing Charles' language study test in the evening. Yikes! But I think I can do it.
Enjoy the pics below and have a good day everyone!

2 comments:
I expect to see you and Ike in matching underwear when you come back. :-)
Done and done! :-)
Post a Comment