At 5 our Calligraphy teacher took the class up a mountain to a restaurant on a look out point where we could see all of Chuncheon. However, it was rainy and so there was lots of fog. Luckily, after about 5 minutes the clouds cleared and the rain stopped and we had a beautiful view!! Also, she brought along some of her younger students. In the car with me on the way there were "Billy" and "Tommy" both 9 years old. They were adorable! They kept asking Laura and myself "Do you like ____" where ____ was totally random things like: monkey/driving/swimming/strawberries/korea/rice/etc!! It was super cute. Plus I had the BEST hot chocolate ever. Well, it was pretty good to say the least, but not better than Argentina's now that I think about it....
Anyhoo, after that I sprinted to the shik-tang (cafeteria) for a quick supper -- it was actually pretty good!! Chicken legs!! YUM! (Sadly I had to miss my class taking our teachers out for dinner for the calligraphy trip...) Then at 7 I sprinted to the Samulnori (traditional drumming) class. Momo was, as expected, AMAZING! :-) We got her email address -- I def. want to stay in touch. I was really proud of all of us there. The first time we went was our first Thursday in the country and we had Jane translate everything for us. Today, there were no intermediate or advanced students there, just beginner class students. But, we still understood almost everything she said! We had about a 10 minute discussion about how we have liked Korea the past month, etc. It was really rewarding to see how much we have learned in 5 weeks. Anyway, class was great as usual and I got lots of pics and videos.
After that I went out with the teachers. We played Korean drinking games!! (Like "3-6-9" and the name + # game, and the "sign" game.) It was incredible. Our teachers know how to put it away! It really was fun getting to drink and relax with them -- they are cool people and not much older than us anyway. Drinking between profs/students is completely acceptable in Korea, and I wish it were the same in the US. We were talking in Korean with them and everything. I got more great pics from tonight, so be sure to check out the photo link I'll send by email to see pics of everything today.
I better get some sleep. Enjoy your day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment